NCB coordinates the Partnership for Wellbeing and Mental Health in Schools: a national network of almost 50 member organisations from the education, health and wellbeing, and children's sectors, and the Partnership works to improve the wellbeing of all children in education.
Our Steering Group plays a central role in implementing the vision of the Partnership. The Steering Group supports the Partnership by:
- Helping to shape the strategy and direction
- Developing and delivering work priorities
- Providing content on consultation responses
- Setting meeting agendas
- Ensuring the steering group and Partnership remains representative of the sector
- Sharing learning and bringing back the views of the wider Partnership or other interested parties and stakeholders
- Promoting the work of the Partnership, and promoting the wider agenda around children and young people’s mental health and wellbeing in schools
Steering Group Members:
- Children and Young People’s Mental Health Coalition
- Department for Education
- Fair Education Alliance
- Family Links
- Headstart Hull
- The Kemnal Academies Trust
- The Matthew Elvidge Trust
- Mental Health First Aid England
- National Children’s Bureau
- The Sam West Foundation
- Young Minds
Steering Group meetings are held termly in Central London. Membership of the steering group is organisational.
Steering group places are via an Expression of Interest form, which are considered by Steering group members termly. We are not actively recruiting to our Steering group at this time.
Please see the Partnership’s ToR for more information on the Steering Group
The Partnership for Mental Health and Wellbeing is currently recruiting a new Chair from across the education sector.
If you would like to be considered, or know someone who would please get in touch with Pamela Shaw, the National Coordinator of the Partnership for Wellbeing and Mental Health in Schools firstname.lastname@example.org or 07432 739969
The Partnership for Wellbeing and Mental Health in Schools has recently updated its Terms of Reference in response to a review of members and stakeholders.
Our Terms of Reference sets out
- Our Vision and Objectives
- Ways of Working
- Structure and coordination
- Membership and governance arrangements
- Priority work areas
Please see the updated Terms of Reference here.
The Partnership for Wellbeing and Mental Health in Schools has a close relationship with the Children and Young People’s Mental Health Coalition, and has collaborated with CYPMHC to hold joint meetings with government officials, co-produce consultation responses and write policy documents.
You can find more about our commitments to and responsibilities under joint working here.