Earlier this year NCB brought people and organisations together to ask the Chancellor to listen to children and young people and take action to protect their future.
Our analysis of the spending review outlined on 25 November shows that the approach is still too piecemeal to deliver a better childhood for the UK’s children.
While the Treasury has made much needed spending commitments in some areas, there have been major omissions in others:
- No commitments to counteract rising child poverty.
- No support to make babies and young children a priority.
- Not enough to protect young people’s mental health.
- No solution to the sustained crisis in children’s social care.
On 14 December, children, young people and parents are joining us at an online meeting of the All Party Parliamentary Group for Children to discuss these issues directly.
You can continue to support our campaign by calling on the Government to #GIveUsAChancellor who is prepared to fund a new vision of childhood.
Facebook and Twitter images to share:
- Give Us A Chancellor
- Babies and young children
- Young people's mental health
- Children's social care